Saturday, March 10, 2012

Whats New?



        I rang in the new year feeling strong and in control of everything going on! I had been eating clean and following my training program perfectly. The results were amazing and gave me such a new outlook on what being healthy was. But recently I had lost my appetite and had zero energy. I stopped doing my cardio but stuck to the weights and pushed thru it...I had an idea of what might be going on. 
Lets rewind a bit......
Over the past couple months I’d been struggling with 2 things that I wanted. 
On one hand I had come so far working out and getting in shape. I loved the new me and the energy I had. I loved being in the gym, feeling strong and doing my part in keeping my family healthy. I felt confident at the beach which was something Ive struggled with over the years-I had finally put my fears aside and stopped caring what everyone thought! 

The flip side was that we wanted to add to our family. It took my husband 4 years to get me to even consider having another child because I had everything I wanted- an amazing job, a cute little “house” and such a tight bond as a a family of 3. It had been the three of us for so long I didnt know if I was capable of adding to it! So here we are 8000 miles from where used to call home trying to conceive. 
I knew that once got pregnant I would be putting all my hard work on pause. I was so conflicted and had never struggled with what I wanted so much. 
So back to the reason Im writing this....

        New Years Day we drove up to the other side of the island to purchase a massive weight set, bench and other goods for our home gym we were putting together. I grabbed a test on the way to the checkout....
Later on New Years Day we found out we were having a baby. Every thought about my body, hard work and time spent sweating went out the door. I didn’t even care. All I knew was that I was over the moon and couldn’t wait to start this new journey. ( I wont gross you out with the positive pregnancy test photo!)



         After the news came appointments and moving boxes. During this time I lost all my energy and could barely keep my eyes open! I continued to go to the gym but found I needed to take longer breaks. I started a water boot camp class to try and ease the stress I was having about working out. {I found out that when you want something so bad you do everything you can to keep from losing it}. We moved into our new home and I slowed down even more. Naps were more of a necessity and I changed my workouts to nightly walks and light weights in my house.

 We had a couple issues in the beginning which put me in a crazy place that brought the emotional eater out of me. After I saw the scale at my first check up I was dead set on NEVER knowing how much i was gaining. I had to stay positive no matter what size I got! Thankfully I am still eating pretty well with the occasional cupcake...this is me being honest!


0 comments:

Post a Comment