Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I know there are quite a few of you about to start the trainer as their New Years resolution so here are a few tips that I have found to help me hit it hard everyday and fill my body with what it needs.
1. Make a plan: "If you fail to plan then you plan to fail." Know when you will be eating and what you will be eating. Schedule your workouts in a calendar or on a white board...Seeing them written down helps! Make grocery lists and a supplement guide. Each will help you prepare for the week ahead of you.
2. Take before photos and measurements: You look at yourself in the mirror everyday, You may not see a difference but the before and after photos and measurements is where you will watch your progress!
3. Prep your meals: Take time once a week to prep and plan all your meals. Slice up all your veggie, Make your muffins, protein bars and chili and divide it into individual containers or zip locks. This will Help you grab and go thru out the week.
4. Keep track of your workouts/food: Having a binder with all your daily workouts helps! I have a notebook I write down each work out in and then notate the amount of weight I use so I can then see when I improve. I also keep track of the food I eat online. I use myfitnesspal.com but there are a number of food log sites. You can use this to either count calories or just to hold yourself and others accountable!

0 comments:

Post a Comment