Monday, September 3, 2012

Monday Mommy Transformation



Hello Monday! Today, Stephanie is sharing her fitness journey!  


-What was your life like before you started your journey to better health?                 
 As a naturally thin girl, I was very rarely active. I lived with the false belief that thin meant healthy. I was so sedentary I could barely run more than 30 seconds without being completely out of breath. I assumed I was healthy but looking back at old pictures, my hair was dull, my skin had no glow and I constantly battled hypoglycemic attacks, insomnia and fatigue.

 -How do you involve your family in your journey?
I do my best to include my kids in everything I do. Whether it's "helping" with dinner, going for runs with the jogging stroller or doing short, intense fitness circuits in the backyard, basement or part, I try to always model the behaviour and lifestyle I want them to live as they get older. Actions speak much louder than words and if I want them to be healthy, I have to model healthy.

 -What is your biggest accomplishment so far?
To date my biggest accomplishments are learning to swim 2 years ago and running my first half marathon last year. Also included in that is my success in losing all my baby weight after both my pregnancies through healthy eating and regular exercise.

 -When your in a slump what do you do to shake it?                                                 When I feel tired, unmotivated and like I want to sit on the couch and eat my way through a bag of chips (which tends to happen a lot more often with a toddler and baby keeping me up all night!) I just channel my inner fit mom and remind myself that I will feel much better if I eat well and exercise. My exercise time is also my alone time, which I both cherish and need so that's always a good motivator for me to get off my butt.

 -What future goals do you have for yourself? 
I am currently training for a 10-miler and a half marathon this fall. I'm hoping to set personal bests in both races. I have a long term goal to compete in a triathlon which I hope to accomplish in the next 2 years.

Instagram: @fitmomintraining

0 comments:

Post a Comment