I've been looking at some training programs but haven't found one that I'm going to go with.
I prefer to run with a jogger. This gets you and baby out and adds resistance-especially going up hills!
Here are some tips for safely running after pregnancy and with a jogger!
- Recovery: After giving birth its important to be cleared for exercise by your doctor.
- Age of infant: If you are not using a car seat attachment your baby should be at least 6 months old when running with a jogger.
- Pack accordingly: Bring items for the baby just incase you have to change or feed. Depending on the weather- bring extra water, blankets, sunscreen, snacks. If its raining bring a cover.
- Safety: Baby should be securely strapped in seat. Stay clear of busy roads (especially when wearing headphones) and unsafe areas.
- Ease into it: Whether you ran while pregnant or are just starting out, taking your time to build you endurance back up will take time. Don't expect to run 5 miles the first day! Find a plan and have patience!
- Sole Sisters: Most cities have running groups like that you can join or find some friends to jog with around your neighborhood. Having support and accountability is the key to success!
Some great running sites: