Thursday, October 18, 2012

Stuffed Peppaaas

Whenever I have ground turkey I am always so conflicted with what to make! I have so many ideas and recipes that I want to try that sometimes its hard picking one. Then I remembered I got bell peppers on sale and should probably use them (I bought more than my fare share). These turned out so well! I was quite impressed with my "winging it skills" so I wanted to share!

Stuffed Peppers

  • 1Tbs coconut oil
  • 4 Bell peppers
  • 1lb Ground turkey (any meat will do)
  • Onion-chopped
  • 4 Garlic cloves-choppped
  • 1C chicken stock
  • cumin
  • worchestire sauce
  • 1/2C tomato paste
  • 1C Cooked Brown Rice (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put coconut oil in pan. Add garlic and onion and turkey. Cook through. add 1/2 cup of stock and tomato paste. Cook for 5 minutes. sprinkle some cumin and a splash or two of worchestire sauce. Stire

Wash then slice peppers in half long ways (so you have 2 boats). Clean out and fill with turkey mixture.
Line pan with tin foil and pour remaining broth in pan. Place filled peppers in pan cover tightly with foil (I fold up the sides of the bottom foil to keep the stock around the peppers and crimp it to the piece of foil on top)

Bake for 35 minutes and top with cheese (I broiled the cheese) ...and you can leave the cheese off and top with more tomato paste if you'd like to keep it clean!


4 comments:

  1. what a delish looking recipe! as a kid, i always HATED when my mom made stuffed peppers, and now it's a dish i love!! im definitely trying this version for sure! thanks for sharing! spa <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. my finace loves stuffed peppers it is like the one meal he can make really good he even made a casserole once instead of giving you the whole pepper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this recipe! I am TOTALLY trying it out! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Also, your pics are amazing, you look totally gorgeous post baby!!!
    Cheers,
    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've stuffed peppers with ground beef in the long ago past. It was good but, a little heavy. Since the 'pink slime' discovery, I haven't eaten any ground beef. I do enjoy a good turkey burger though! I'm wondering how this stuffed pepper would taste with chicken (not ground)? Thanks

    ReplyDelete